At ward conference they referred to this scripture.
2 Nephi 9:51
Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.
3 comments:
The last part of this scripture was important to my cousin Gay Nickle Lauritzen, when she was diagnosed with a variant of Lou Gerhrig's disease. She was an artist, and did an art show of "fatness", with cool drawings she had done. She bemoaned that she had spent so much of her life on diets, consumed with trying to be thinner. Once the disease took over, and she began to waste away, she wished that every pound she ever had was back! I know the scripture really means the fatness of the gospel feasting, but I always remember my cousin fondly when I see this scripture, and remember her special twist on it. I miss her, and know she must be doing fabulous art in heaven!
Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I got a much needed smile out of it.
*Hugs*
Post a Comment