Saturday, October 6, 2012

Heather Update

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 0730 Heather drove her wheelchair backwards off of the lift at the top of the stairs and fell down the stairs.

We called the ambulance and went to the hospital.  They did CT scans and full body x-rays.  They said she had no broken bones and shunt looked good and brain looked good.  We were sent home and told to bring her back if she didn't get better or continued to vomit with zofran.

Thursday she had a mostly ok day.  She was a little tired and sore which was to be expected.  Friday she started getting worse.  She vomitted and we gave her zofran.  She didn't vomit again until Saturday morning.  She also never got out of bed and was very tired.  When she didn't show any signs of improvement Saturday morning and then she vomitted before I even fed her, I knew it was time to go to the hospital.

We are in the PICU of the hospital.  She was admitted after a CT scan showed that she was having bleeding in the brain.  Her shunt appears to be functioning as it should according to the scans.  At least that is what the doctors say.  I personally can't understand how she can have squish fluid by her shunt if her shunt is functioning but maybe she is just swollen with a bump on her head.  We get to play the wait and see game.

Please keep Heather in your prayers.

3 comments:

The Garbison family said...

Charla, you are all in our prayers. XO
Please keep us posted.

Cari said...

Is she receiving visitors? I'd love to come check in on her.

Cari Hozian

Diane said...

Oh dear, I wish I could help! You all, and especially Heather, are in our prayers.